MUCH praise and...a question

OJGLTY

Gold Supporter
May 15, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
First off praise to this site and all who contribute. I closed the pool(with no pool store assistance) in october and opened it this week thanks to this site and all the while last summer saved money and aggravation by not visiting the pool store. With much anxiety all winter long Im happy to say nothing appears to be royally screwed up from my closing or opening. The only noticeably odd thing(at least to me) was my CYA. When I closed last year it was around 65 then opened it this year to a 110 ! I drained down below the return jets when I closed and havent added any water so just wasnt sure if that was normal. I'm starting my water turnover process now but any thoughts are appreciated. Looking forward to that app!

Thanks for the kind words. Nice job taking control of your pool. CYA should diminish 3-5 ppm per month. CYA is only increased a few ways.

Adding dichlor
Adding trichlor
Adding stabilizer
Neighbors sneaking over
Gremlins

That's all I've got. :)

If you measure before water was mixed for a bit, that might be an issue... what is your water temp?

I would retest after pump has ran for a bit and if the water is cold, let it sit inside to reach room temp then retest outside :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep I ran the pump for about 6 hours. The first test I did was at 45 degrees. Then after perusing the forums I decided to warm up the other two tests and got the same results. Hope to be checking again by tomorrow night....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.