Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: La Roche Posay thermal pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Smile La Roche Posay thermal pool

Dear FTP friends,

I have severe psoriasis and I project to buy a small pool because I really need to soak all my body in water with a high concentration of magnesium to reduce all the itchy plaques on my body.

So I have planned to buy :

- a small ABG intex pool (1189 US Gallons )
    - a 3 kW intex pool heater

As I would like to “simulate” the magnesium concentration of La Roche-Posay à french thermal spring water well known for its curative use.

In order to have the targeted magnesium concentration (about 4.4 mg/L), I would have to add about 335 lbs of Magnesium chloride hexahydrate (MgCl2*6H2O).

I will add borax at 50ppm for extra water softening and will sanitize with bromine.

I know that this high salt concentration would be harmfull for the heater, so I will carry out a special routine to rinse the heater once a week with fresh water.

Do you think this project may be realistic ?

Many thanks for you cooperation
    I am a newbie, planning to buy a pool... nedd your advices

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: La Roche Posay thermal pool

Welcome to TFP!

Interesting, I did not know Intex made an electric heater. I could not find what material the heat exchanger is made of, but they say it is OK to use with their saltwater system so that is a good sign. Apparently, it is not available for sale in the US. That set up should work fine.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach