Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from Arizona!

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from Arizona!

Hello! I'm Ann from Arizona. My husband and kids and I moved here in June 2015. We had a pool built~it's our very first pool. It has been up and running successfully since October 2015, thanks to troublefreepool.com! When we got our pool, I was determined to learn how to take care of it by myself. I just didn't want to have to pay someone else to do it, I wanted to learn something new, but most of all I knew there was no way I would be able to get in that water unless I knew exactly what was in it, if it was safe. Having a "pool guy" come just once a week to check my water was not appealing at all, and so I did a google search and found trouble free pool! I am SO THANKFUL for all of you who keep this website running and who contribute their knowledge to it. I have learned so much about pool care and maintenance from you all. I tell friends here about troublefreepool.com and how much better it is to do pool maintenance yourself, you can know anytime what the quality of your water is, you don't have to wait till the pool guy comes on Saturday! They all have so many problems with green water (probably because their CYA is too high, those blasted pucks!) Anyway, I have had absolutely no problems with my pool since we filled it. I know the day may come, but I also know exactly where I will go to get the reliable information I need, and that is here. Thank you again so much!
    ~Ann

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Hello from Arizona!

Awesome to have another Arizonan here! Welcome Ann.
    8,500gal plaster in-ground with attached spa, two floor drains, one skimmer. Chlorine, City Water.
    Pentair WhisperFlo 1hp Pump, MagnaTek Midcentury EPlus motor, Pentair CleanNClear 200SF Cartridge filter, Purex Triton MiniMax 250 Gas Heater, Pentair SunLite, AutoFill.
    Kreepy Krauly Cruiser, TF-100 with SpeedStir. :D

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Welcome to the forum
    Thanks for that great testimonial!
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you so much! Also I updated my signature.
    12K gal, 14ftx28ft, pebble tech, Pentair Intelliflo variable speed pump, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus cartridge filter,
    AquaCal heat pump/cooler (so thankful we have it!), Blue Square Q360 In-Floor Cleaning System
    Taylor K-2006 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!