Slamming pool question

Greetings and Happy Spring to everyone! I need to slam my pool. I have done it before with great success. However, my CYA level is at 0 and I have never slammed at a 0 level. Should i bring my CYA up to 30 before starting the slam? I just took the cover off today. The water is clear but the sides and bottom are green and the FC level is 0. Thank you for any advice at all. :D I apologize, I think i posted this under the wrong thread.

Happy Spring to you as well!

Did you have CYA when you closed? If so adjust your pH if needed and then do a quick test: add enough chlorine to bring your FC to 10 and then retest your FC and CC in 15 minutes. Post those results if you could, we will let you know what the next step should be.

Yes, CYA was at 70 at closing last fall and all other chem levels were within normal range. However, my husband did not have the pump running for 24 hours before he tested. I will post new readings after running the pump for 24, however i do not think it will change to much. We had a lot of rain over the winter and I had to drain the pool several times. It was also an unusually warm winter that came late and ended early. So the warm weather created a lot of algae and bacteria. So i am not surprised about the readings, neighbors have same issue. I was told the calcium hardness really did not matter because it is a vinyl pool. However, i still kept it around 150-200. The low salt level alone tells me how much rain we have had and how much water i have had to drain. The salt was at 3200 at closing. Should i just leave PH alone since it is at 7.4? and Should I still shock to 10 and then test FC and CC before adding CYA? Thank you so much. This is the first time I have opened with everything being so low. Its like starting over.

Today's readings before running pump 24hrs. Will post new readings after the 24hr mark.

FC-0
CC-0
PH-7.4
TA-70
CH-40
CYA-0
Salt-300

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.