Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Easytouch versions

1. Back To Top    #1

Easytouch versions

I was just told by a Pentair tech that there is no difference to a homeowner between an easy touch version 2.01 that came out 2 years ago and the latest 2.19. Is that true? Also I'm going to order ScreenLogic. Is there anything I should be concerned about regarding it's versions.
    22k inground 60's, 15' x 35' rectangular pool, octagonal spa, currently remodeling everything & combining systems, Intelliflo VS 3 hp pump, Hayward 4800 DE filter, Pentair MiniMax NT gas heater, Hayward MaxFlo Dual Speed pump for waterfall, Pentair EasyTouch 8 with IC60 SWG automation, SceenLogic

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Easytouch versions

I'd believe that. I had my ET installed almost 4 years ago and the design has not changed one single bit. If Pentair is following standard versioning numbering systems, then the differences between a version 2.01 and 2.19 are very much minor changes. Typically speaking, versioning goes like this -

major.minor[.maintenance[.build]]

A change in the second decimal place number typically indicates minor changes, such as cleaning up a menu or adding a slightly different sub menu. If there were any changes to the physical hardware, then that would trigger a MAJOR number update. So an ET 3.0 would have different hardware in it than an ET 2.0

The inside scoop from our resident Pentair Fanboy (he knows who he is!!) is that Pentair is internally developing a new automation system BUT there is currently no scheduled build or release date.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

I have version 2.14. Did not know there was 2.19. Am I totally screwed now? Every time I buy something they come out with something better. Just kidding, my ET does not need any mods that I can think of. Works great, especially with Screenlogic (Matt? I know you see this.)
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.

4. Back To Top    #4

Gary,

I'm pretty sure that Matt has his word-filter set so that any post with the word "ScreenLogic" gets dumped straight into his SPAM folder.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

5. Back To Top    #5

I'll wait for the next generation automation panel to be released.....then i'll upgrade to ScreenLogic when they put it in the bargain bin with all the $1 VHS cassette tapes of cheesy 80's movies....
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates