Newbie needs advice

I took apart and put everything back together the RIGHT WAY. I'm confident that was the source of my DE woes. I also feel this was a big reason I wasn't seeing improvements in water clarity after a week of slamming. Fingers crossed that this is the week I really start to see things change!

thanks everyone for the support.

Less than 24 hours of a properly running filter and my pool has a bottom. A bottom covered in de but a bottom nonetheless! I just did a media change because I bumped a few times yesterday and this morning my pressure was up 100% with almost no flow out of return jet.

I only put in 5 out of the specified 7 lbs with the clean filter yesterday to give it some capacity to take de from the pool. I added 4 lbs after backwashing it this morning for the same reason.

still maintaining slam. Will vacuum to waste after work this evening to begin getting rid of that DE.

cya was the same Saturday but we have gotten a ton of rain and I drained about 2 inches last night so I will check cya again later today.

IMG_5150.jpg

Two more days with filter, a couple backwashes/media changes, and s couple good vacuumings and I have a crystal clear pool with just a little de left on the bottom.

Too soon for an oclt tonight? And possibly letting the chlorine come down to regular levels? Or give it another day or two for good measure?

Also, it's not swimming weather here yet but just curious if swimming is safe with the shock level of chlorine?

thanks!

IMG_5176.jpg

IMG_5178.jpg

IMG_5177.jpg

I've always swam with shock level of chlorine. Never bothered me. If I were waaaay over the shock level or had sensitive skin I might not.

Remember: some people run (indoor) pools without cya and FC of like 3 which is like 30X their shock level and no one seems bothered by that.

Give it a try!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Concrete te deck is done. Really starting to come together. Vinyl fence is next.

I passed the oclt with 0 FC loss last night. Also 0 CC. Now letting chlorine come down to normal so I can check ph and get that right, if it isn't.

Anything im missing?

IMG_5183.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.