First Time SLAM-Thanks TFP

May 31, 2016
Illinois
This is our first pool opening. The pool was installed last June and I immediately started reading up on this forum. We closed the pool ourselves and opened to crystal clear water. :D Opening readings were as follows:
FC-0
CC-0
TA-70
PH-7.6
CYA-48
CH-160
Temp 60

Started SLAM on Sunday. Still losing >1ppm in the OCLT so we'll keep at that Target FC level 0f 20 and just wait on that OCLT >1. thank you TFP :D
IMG_4821.jpg

Welcome to the forum:wave:

What a quick understanding you have of what we teach. You will likely pass the OCLT today if you haven't already.

Please come on the forum as often as you can to help others.....You are a TFP'r for sure and will probably contract sparklypoolitis.....Once you catch it, it's incurable.

thanks guys, definitely got the sparklypoolitis. :swim: For all the new folks like myself, my advice is to read, read and reread. Use and double check your entries in pool math calculator. This method seems by far cheaper and easier than the pool store products we see neighbors dealing with. :shock:yikes.

Checked FC a few min ago and we got it, FC 20. Now fingers crossed we can hold it. Water temp now 64. Forecast for rain through the weekend and chilly. UGHHHH

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.