Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi Everyone,

I posted a few weeks back with some equipment I am getting ready to buy since the house I bought is missing all the equipment. I have finally settled with the below. I know it may be a little over kill but I plan on adding a waterfall or water feature later and want to be future proofed in a way.

18,000 gallon pool - free form Plaster with tile around the top. (No spa and No water features at this time)

Pentair VS-3050 pump
Pentair Quad 80 DE Filter - with Hi-Flow Multivalve kit
Pentair Easytouch 4 with IC40 Salt Generator
Dolphin Pro robotic pool cleaner (was going to get suction side but I got this brand new for a few hundred less than anywhere)

I had a pool guy come to the house to give me a quote and I mentioned the above. He said the local Pentair rep. said I should go with a System 3 (Starite) or Pentair Clean & Clear Plus Cartridge system.
He said the reason was because with the QUAD 80 DE filter, my pump wouldn't run as efficient, because it would have to run at 1800rpm +/- 200/300rpms to shoot the DE all the way up the cartridges to coat them from top to bottom.
I asked him if I could start the pump on HI intially for a minute then go down to a slower rpm like 700 or 800rpm to filter the water and he said yes, but the DE would slowly fall down.

IS THIS TRUE?
Also on Average how many times a year is everyone cleaning their DE filters and what size do you have?
I'm in Northern California (Modesto, CA) area.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Mike

Learthur,

I should have mentioned I'm using the environmentally friendly Zeofiber (alternative to DE) stuff. It is made of wood pulp and is safe and it doesn't hurt plants or grass etc...

I kind of wanted that extra polished water.

Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.