Pentair Ultra Temp heat pump keeps shutting down every two hours

Sammyw

Aug 19, 2012
Austin, TX
Hi there,

My heat pump keeps shutting down approx. every two hours. It will shut down all my equipment however will not trip the breaker at the fuse box. Extremely frustrated because I replaced the capacitor but it has continued. Without the heater switched on my equipment runs normally. I use the Pentair Easy Touch control panel. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Are you saying the pool pump shuts off too? If yes, what do you do to restart the pump? Is it just a matter of sending a "pump on" command from the easy touch or do you need to reset something?

You may want to disconnect the remote control from the heater and run it manually to see if it stays running that way. That test would help determine if the Easy Touch is causing the problem or if the Heater is causing the problem.

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. Everything shuts off. The pump, heater, SWG, everything. To switch it back on I go to my fuse box, find the 60AMP switch, flip it off, wait five seconds and switch it back on again. Everything starts running again.

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. Everything shuts off. The pump, heater, SWG, everything. To switch it back on I go to my fuse box, find the 60AMP switch, flip it off, wait five seconds and switch it back on again. Everything starts running again.

What is the Amp Rating for your Heat Pump+pump+SWG+EasyTouch???
Are you using the Switch board on the ET to power the rest of the electrics?
Post a picture of the ET panel.
What is the Wire Gauge from the 60amp switch to the ET??

Felipe

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.