Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Ultra Temp heat pump keeps shutting down every two hours

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Ultra Temp heat pump keeps shutting down every two hours

Hi there,

My heat pump keeps shutting down approx. every two hours. It will shut down all my equipment however will not trip the breaker at the fuse box. Extremely frustrated because I replaced the capacitor but it has continued. Without the heater switched on my equipment runs normally. I use the Pentair Easy Touch control panel. Any ideas?

Thanks.
    21K gallon IG Fiberglass pool (installed January 2013), Pentair Intelliflo VS, Pentair Clean & Clear 320, Pentair Intellichlor IC40, Pentair Ultra Temp heat pump 125K BTU, Kreepy Krawly Prowler 830, Pentair Easy Touch 8 with remote, G-Force 2 slide, TF100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair Ultra Temp heat pump keeps shutting down every two hours

Are you saying the pool pump shuts off too? If yes, what do you do to restart the pump? Is it just a matter of sending a "pump on" command from the easy touch or do you need to reset something?

You may want to disconnect the remote control from the heater and run it manually to see if it stays running that way. That test would help determine if the Easy Touch is causing the problem or if the Heater is causing the problem.
    20K gal In-ground pool with raised Spa overflowing into pool; two Jandy Sheer Descent waterfalls; Pentair IntelliTouch i7+3, IntelliChlor, IntelliPH, 3 SAM/SAL lights, Pentair FNS60Plus filter, two 1.0 HP WhiperFlow pumps, Jandy/Compool auto-valves, RayPak Heatpump, RayPak 406A LP spa heater, Polaris 360 PS Cleaner. Patio and deck lighting by Volt; Volt 600W landscaping transformer; Webber grilling station

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. Everything shuts off. The pump, heater, SWG, everything. To switch it back on I go to my fuse box, find the 60AMP switch, flip it off, wait five seconds and switch it back on again. Everything starts running again.
    21K gallon IG Fiberglass pool (installed January 2013), Pentair Intelliflo VS, Pentair Clean & Clear 320, Pentair Intellichlor IC40, Pentair Ultra Temp heat pump 125K BTU, Kreepy Krawly Prowler 830, Pentair Easy Touch 8 with remote, G-Force 2 slide, TF100 test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Sammyw View Post
    Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. Everything shuts off. The pump, heater, SWG, everything. To switch it back on I go to my fuse box, find the 60AMP switch, flip it off, wait five seconds and switch it back on again. Everything starts running again.
    What is the Amp Rating for your Heat Pump+pump+SWG+EasyTouch???
    Are you using the Switch board on the ET to power the rest of the electrics?
    Post a picture of the ET panel.
    What is the Wire Gauge from the 60amp switch to the ET??

Felipe
    7,500 gal Rectangular, Easytouch 8, Air+water temp sensors, Screenlogic2, IC40, intellibright5g color12v, Intelli pH, SD 70 filter w/Zeolit, Magicstream Laminars, waterfall. Raised Monolithic concrete lined with glass beads.

In Sunny Monterrey,Mx!

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

So your heat pump is not on a dedicated circuit separate from the ET system that has the breakers for your pump etc?
    Paul
    Gastek Pool & Gas Services If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. Gastek Google review,
    Check out some videos on my YouTube channel - Gastekservices on YouTube