Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Gas Line Reroute

1. Back To Top    #1

Gas Line Reroute

I live in the Houston area and have Centerpoint Energy. Does anyone know the cost to reroute a gas line. I am about to start construction on a pool but my service line runs through about 1 foot of where the pool will be. I cannot move the pool over due to size limitations in my yard. Called Centerpoint but they won't call me back for another 2-3 days they say.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Gas Line Reroute

Welcome to TFP,

Your pool builder should be able to give you an idea, and if not, a local plumber should as well.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you!. Just now starting this process. The PB has basically said he thinks it's inexpensive but does not get involved because Centerpoint will not let him. Think I will call a local master plumber and see if they can give me an idea.

4. Back To Top    #4

They will know. Or they would here.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

5. Back To Top    #5

Going through the exact same situation. Centerpoint just called and told me $350 for reroute.

6. Back To Top    #6

I paid $250 for up to 20ft plus $6/ft over the first 20ft. That included the 1 1/2" line, trenching and installation. It did not include filling the trench. That is in Las Vegas for a new line. Not rerouting an existing line but it should give folks an idea.
    O/B IG 17,500 gal, pool 36x14 - 3 1/2 to 6 1/2 deep, spa 6x7 with deep well. All Pentair - Inteliflo VS 3HP main pump, 1HP for 2 each 3' sheer descents, 400K BTU heater, 520 Clean&Clear Plus Filter, EasyTouch 8SC IC40 with SCG, Screenlogic2 Interface & wireless connection kit, IntiliBrite 5g lights, Paramount in-floor cleaner. Firepit, raised planters and BBQ area included in project

7. Back To Top    #7

That is very helpful. Can I ask what number you called? I can't get anyone to call me back. I have a master plumber coming out Friday for a quote.

8. Back To Top    #8

The main centerpoint number 713-659-2111. Took 5 business days for a call back though. They sent an email with some documents to sign and a link to pay the $350. Now we have to wait for the contractor to call us and make an appointment to see the yard and then reroute.

9. Back To Top    #9

Ok thanks. I have called that number and put in a service request for someone to call me back. not really holding my breath though.

10. Back To Top    #10

I just had to move 90 feet of 5/8 line from my lpg tank feeding my generator since it ran right down the middle of the pool. Labor and material was $1800. Best part was, i got to pay that bill twice since I installen the generator 5 years ago and never once thought I would drop a pool in the yard
    Pool: 14,000-gal IG
    Filter: Pentair Sand Dollar, Pump: Pentair Superflo VS
    Automation: Pentair EasyTouch w/ Autelis, Lighting:Globrite
    Pentair SWG IC20, Prowler 820, K-2006