It' here!!!!

Aug 1, 2016
Newberry, FL
So excited, just got my TF-100. Now I can figure out what's going on and what to do to salve any remaining probs. Oh boy, I'm like a kid in a toy store!!!! Watch out pool, you're about to be Trouble Free

Eeeek
FC= 1
CC= 0
pH= 7.5
TA= 110
CH= 275
CYA= 20

That's a pretty good first test. How's the water look? You definitely want to get some chlorine in there today. That CYA should come a little too, but that can wait a day or so.

Water looks beautiful, crystal clear (just that dead algae crud on the bottom but not much) Pool Math said 52oz bleach~DONE~ then 36oz stabilizer ~its in its sock~. Should I test everything or just certain things? again tonight 4-5 hrs or wait till tomorrow 24 hrs?
And thanks so much for the quick response-LOL-Im chomping at the bit here:kim:

Attachments

• IMG_8967.jpg
    IMG_8967.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Wow! Lookin' good.

It is a really good idea to get that junk off the bottom. vacuum what you can and then brush the rest of it up into the chlorinated water.....the filter will catch it.

When it's perfectly clean, check it again in 24 hours to see if more dead algae accumulates. If so, post back with a full set of test results.

OK 24 hours later........

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]FC= 3[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]CC= .5-1[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]pH= 7.5[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]TA= 110[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]CH= 275[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]CYA= 30

still a bit of CYA to dissolve in sock so not gonna add more but wil put in about 17 oz bleach tonight????? Does that sound about right?
Also a bit of junk is back on pool bottom [/FONT]:confused: will brush and vacuum again on Saturday (working doubles in till then : (
love using the test kit.....feels really good to be precise and get accurate readings : )[/FONT]

I suggest you bring your FC up to around 10 ppm and leave it there. You are still killing some algae so let's give the killing process a boost.

In the next couple of days, you should find the "dirt" (dead algae) will stop. That evening, please perform the OCLT. If you pass, you will let your FC drop down to normal levels for the rest of the Summer.

[FONT=.SFUIText]ok heres where I'm at ~48 hrs later[/FONT].......

[FONT=.SFUIText-Bold]that night, the 26th[/FONT][FONT=.SFUIText] @ 10 pm I added 121 oz bleach to bring FC up to 10ppm[/FONT][FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Bold]On the 27th[/FONT][FONT=.SFUIText] I added 10 oz @ 8am [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]at 2pm still @ 10ppm/ 0 CC's[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]at 4pm 9ppm/ 0 CC's.....+16oz bleach[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Italic](brushed/vac throughout day till clean)[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]at 7pm 11ppm/ 0 CC's.....[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]at 9pm 11ppm/ 0 CC's......[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Bold]On the 28th[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]at 7am 8.5ppm/ .5 CC's.....+24oz bleach[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText] [/FONT][FONT=.SFUIText-Italic]-lite dusting of brown junk on bottom-[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]at 7pm 8ppm/ .5 CC's.....+32oz bleach[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]-----Stirred up mild dusting of crud

tomorrow is my day off so I can stir, vacuum and tweak as much as needed ; ) Anything else I should be doing at this point?[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SFUIText]
[/FONT]

tomorrow is my day off so I can stir, vacuum and tweak as much as needed ; ) Anything else I should be doing at this point?
I think you should obsess over the chemistry and bore your wife and neighbors with pool talk. :mrgreen:

I think you've got a handle on this. :goodjob:

A tip: it's easier to do this with people in the pool, but.... get a whirlpool going if you can, using the brush or leaf skimmer or a canoe paddle if you have one. It will gather all the crud into one neat pile in the center, which you can then sneak up on with the vacuum.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think you should obsess over the chemistry and bore your wife and neighbors with pool talk. :mrgreen:

I think you've got a handle on this. :goodjob:

A tip: it's easier to do this with people in the pool, but.... get a whirlpool going if you can, using the brush or leaf skimmer or a canoe paddle if you have one. It will gather all the crud into one neat pile in the center, which you can then sneak up on with the vacuum.
I have actually tried this but its near impossible as I have a deck around 1/4 of the pool attached to the portch on the house. I can get a pretty good circular flow going but no whirlpool. I can actually brush/push the crud into a section of the pool and I vacuum that area. I just want the crud to go away.
thank you lots for all the help : ) its good to know Ive got folks with lots of experiance watching my back : )
Liz

320's reply is hard to beat. :laughblue: After all the fussing and cleaning up tomorrow, start the OCLT tomorrow night. I bet you pass and are on your way to a crystal pool.....how does that water look?

Water still looks awesome......the normal bits of fufu from our florida tree poop/pollen/bugs on top and some leaves but that gets sucked out. I was wondering if the crud on the bottom was from some kind of air born pollen that settles on the pool and sinks but I never see that kind of crud on top.
Thanks for your help, Im so ready for the OCLT results and then to start playing with the new beta app with regular testing....Oh yea, Im ready to GO SWIMMING too :kim:
liz

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]I think we made it- the 29th was the last day of SLAM, that night after sunset I took a reading and then this morning at 5am, and I do believe I passed the OCLT : ) and am on my way to a trouble free summer[/FONT]:p[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Bold]On the 29th[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]at 7am 8ppm/ 0 CC's.....+32oz bleach[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]----brushed entire pool-----[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]at 11am 11ppm/ 0 CC's[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]at 2pm 9ppm/ 0 CC's[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]at 5pm 7.5ppm/ 0 CC's
-------------------------------[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]at 8pm 7ppm/ .5 CC's[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText][/FONT] OCLT[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Bold]On the 30th[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]at 5am 6.5 ppm/ 0 CC's
-------------------------------
[/FONT][FONT=.SFUIText]Here are my full test results when I got home at 5pm- today.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]at 5pm 5ppm/ 0 CC's[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText] pH 7.2[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText] TA 90[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText] CH 225[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText] CYA 30[/FONT][/FONT]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.