New pool owner, excited to get to work! NEED LOTS OF HELP!

Apr 25, 2017
LOS ANGELES
Hello all!

I have signed up on a couple of pool forums today, trying to get started on a pool I recently got permission to work on.
I want to say I like the approach of this site, especially the "Methodology" approach, which I am a fan of as it will help me understand the bigger picture.
Anyway, I am going to copy the post I posted elsewhere here as well, and hope to hear form some of you!

____

I'll try not to be a forum dummy, and promise to be honest and work hard for any reasonable advice I get.

Here goes nothing.

I found your forum after looking around online for info on a pool I recently got permission to work on.
I have a few heads ready to get to work, and invest in this thing, but it hasn't been in service for a long time, and recently got filled with rainwater.

It's really gross and green, and I took a couple of pics to get started.

We used to use this pool until my uncle passed away, and it has sat for maybe five years. I was told the pump and filtration work, and are newer, as in replaced right before it stopped being used. I don't remember any issues with the pool other than the fact that we would not run the heater due to energy concerns.

Well, here are two pics to get started, I figure you all can ask me questions and I can try and gather as much info as possible. If someone could guess the size and let mew know what to do first, I'd appreciate it.

Image 1 - http://imgur.com/jMFNr97

Image 2 - http://imgur.com/iJjbE39

Any help would be appreciated, and yes I know the pool is nasty and is gonna be a heck of a project.

Welcome to TFP. Your pool does not look that bad. Your pump seams to be the newer type Variable Speed so that is a good thing.
I have never seen that type of filter you have, so someone will chime in. It seams you have some broken levers on your shutoff
valves. I would get a proper test kit and test before draining or filling. This way you can see where you are going. You have to
clean all the dirt and organics from the water. About the size of your pool you will have to measure it yourself, no guessing.

Let us know

Felipe

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.