Adding More Salt Question

mickey4paws

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 10, 2009
S.E. MI
We've had our AquaRite SWG running for a couple of weeks now and I'd like to add more salt. It's at 3000 ppm and I want to raise it another 200 ppm. My question is do I need to turn off the SWG for 24 hours and let the new addition of salt circulate, or is that not necessary? Thanks

Thats because on initial startup, the salt had not had a chance to dissolve and come up to proper levels for generator operation. It takes a day or so for any new salt addition to completely disperse and show up as an increased concnetration.

mickey4paws said:
We've had our AquaRite SWG running for a couple of weeks now and I'd like to add more salt. It's at 3000 ppm and I want to raise it another 200 ppm. My question is do I need to turn off the SWG for 24 hours and let the new addition of salt circulate, or is that not necessary? Thanks

When you say "it's at 3000" are you talking about an accurate test or what the SWG control box is reporting? The control box can be very inaccurate. I trust my AquaChek test strips over the SWG.

mickey4paws said:
Thanks, Frank. I just took an Aquacheck test strip test and it's showing 5.6 or 3380 ppm. So that's more accurate, and I don't need to add any salt?

I would not think you need more salt. The test strips are pretty accurate. If your Aquarite average reading is low, you can reset it with this method:

calibrating-an-aqua-rite-t11556.html?hilit=Calibrate%20Aquarite

frankgh said:
mickey4paws said:
Thanks, Frank. I just took an Aquacheck test strip test and it's showing 5.6 or 3380 ppm. So that's more accurate, and I don't need to add any salt?

I would not think you need more salt. The test strips are pretty accurate. If your Aquarite average reading is low, you can reset it with this method:

calibrating-an-aqua-rite-t11556.html?hilit=Calibrate%20Aquarite

Thanks so much, Frank, I really appreciate it. I was wondering if it was possible to calibrate it. I am going to try this.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.