Easytouch with integrated IC20 vs stand alone??

Mar 23, 2017
Austin, Texas
So I'm reading up on equipment and the EasyTouch says it is compatible with the IC20, 40, 60. But then there is a note saying if you are installing the SWG and automation at the same time, opt for EasyTouch (or IntelliTouch) with built in IntelliChlor. Now I'm confused - I thought the IC40 and EasyTouch just worked together, are there 2 different options when setting it up, or are they just saying opt for EasyTouch b/c the automation is built in?

Thanks!
Keri

You can get the IntelliChlor power module "built-in" to the IntelliTouch load center or you can have a separate power box for the IntelliChlor.

I added my IntelliChlor later so it has a separate power center (about 6"x8"x10") that I have mounted on wall next to IntelliTouch which is then wired to the pump relay in the IntelliTouch.

BTW, it is recommended to get the larger cell (i.e. if you need a 20 buy the 40) then cell only needs to output 1/2 the rate which will make it last longer.

Thanks! Yeah, I meant to write IC40. We only will have about a 11K pool, but the professionals here recommend the IC40 anyway, so I'm going with the TFP sage advice.
You can get the IntelliChlor power module "built-in" to the IntelliTouch load center or you can have a separate power box for the IntelliChlor.

I added my IntelliChlor later so it has a separate power center (about 6"x8"x10") that I have mounted on wall next to IntelliTouch which is then wired to the pump relay in the IntelliTouch.

BTW, it is recommended to get the larger cell (i.e. if you need a 20 buy the 40) then cell only needs to output 1/2 the rate which will make it last longer.

Agree with CountryBumkin. The newest EasyTouch load center has the Intellichlor (IC) transformer built into the panel so you don't need a separate power box for the IC20, 40 or 60. The EasyTouch panel has all the automation built in to drive other "features" (spa, waterfall, etc.) and control the Intellichlor. It is possible to install an Intellichlor without an EasyTouch panel by using the separate transformer box to power the IC. In this case you manually set up the IC on its built-in control panel.

The Intellitouch panel is an upgraded EasyTouch for more features and it allows you to use Pentair's remote control app, "ScreenLogic." Which one you'll need (EasyTouch or Intellitouch) depends on the complexity of your plumbing and the conveniences you desire.

Good Luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.