Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: In ground vinyl liner pool (South East Michigan)

1. Back To Top    #1

Wink In ground vinyl liner pool (South East Michigan)

Just started my pool contruction last Friday and I've had my fair share of stressful moments, like everyone who has gone through a new build has.

They got so much done in one day. I was really happy with what they got done in two days. Day one was all the digging, put the kit together, did the rough plumbing, and poured the concrete over the footings.
    Day two they did all the plumbing and got the equipment pad setup. I have my first inspection done and got the OK to backfill. The electrician(s) should be out later this week then we can actually back fill.

And here are the pix of the 28K gallon pool in progreess: Pool Build - Album on Imgur
    Last edited by remixmark; 04-25-2017 at 09:14 AM. Reason: formatting, changed words to make it more readable.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: In ground vinyl liner pool (South East Michigan)

Congratulations on the fast moving project!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Wow, they are working quickly so far, knocking on wood they can keep that up for you guys.
    18x36 Vinyl, sports depth, 8' Roman steps at each end. Hayward 1.5hp 2speed pump, catridge filter, 2 skimmers, no main drain, 3 SR Smith Treo LED lights

4. Back To Top    #4

Yea I'm hoping the pace continues. Although it's been great weather this week and the electrician hasn't been out He's scheduled to come out tomorrow, the only day of the week that has a chance of rain

I have the concrete guy coming out Saturday so that's the next big peice of the puzzle here.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by remixmark View Post
    Yea I'm hoping the pace continues. Although it's been great weather this week and the electrician hasn't been out He's scheduled to come out tomorrow, the only day of the week that has a chance of rain

I have the concrete guy coming out Saturday so that's the next big peice of the puzzle here.
    Greetings from SW Mich! How large are you going on the decking? Planning on a safety cover? (I would)
    30K? gal (20x40, 3ft shallow to 8-9ft hopper), Vinyl IG, single speed 1HP pump, Hayward Micro Clear DE-3600 filter, Hayward Aqua Rite SWG T15 Cell, Rheem/Raypack M206A heater

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by ckk81 View Post
    Greetings from SW Mich! How large are you going on the decking? Planning on a safety cover? (I would)
    I added my plan to the album, but here's a direct link to it: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

There's a lot of concrete as well as a plan for a 10'x20' storage shed.