Difference between Liquid and Granular Stabilizer (CYA)

No, the information about waiting a week is old and needs to be updated.

Once you have massaged the sock and all of the CYA is out of it, you're good to measure CYA almost immediately. Personally, I wait overnight, but you definitely don't have to wait a week.

The liquid you can measure about half an hour or so after adding it, assuming you added it in front of a return and the pump has been running the whole time.

If you go with liquid make sure you shake the heck out of the jug before and during while pouring as it has a tendency to come out clumpy and requires lots of additional brushing, though some bottles are better than others for this issue. Also dunk the jug into the pool water and shake to make sure you get it all out.

Salty

Is there any difference in absorption rates? I think I read on here somewhere that CYA takes a week to show up in testing? Is that true for both?

This is true for neither. The forum used to say this to cover all bases of application methods and variances that were sometimes thought to exist. Once Cya is completely dissolved and the pool has time to circulate a little while, you can see it on the test.

- - - Updated - - -

If you go with liquid make sure you shake the heck out of the jug before and during while pouring as it has a tendency to come out clumpy and requires lots of additional brushing, though some bottles are better than others for this issue. Also dunk the jug into the pool water and shake to make sure you get it all out.
Salty

Yes, it does separate and get all clumpy in the bottle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.