Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New here..

1. Back To Top    #1

New here..

Hi all, I have been lurking and have posted once, but am still very much a noobie.
    We installed our on ground 16x32 in the middle of last year, so I have some experience with its maintenance and water levels, but I'd like to learn how to test on my own this year and figure this is the best place for that. 😊
    We live in the Southern portion of Ontario, Canada​, so the pool won't be open for about 3-4 more weeks.

noobie :-)
    16x32 oval 'on ground' vinyl, 13700 Gallon, 48" depth, rocky roller, Hayward Ultra Pro LX pump, Carefree 150lbs sand filter, TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New here..

Welcome back to TFP! Nice pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

I think the Taylor 2006C is your only option there. At least of ones this forum recommends.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Welcome back to TFP! Nice pool!
    Thank you!

16x32 oval 'on ground' vinyl, 13700 Gallon, 48" depth, rocky roller, Hayward Ultra Pro LX pump, Carefree 150lbs sand filter, TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    I think the Taylor 2006C is your only option there. At least of ones this forum recommends.
    Thanks. I'm going to see about having the tf-100 shipped to my uncle in Albany and having him bring it up next time he visits.. will have to see when that next visit is planned.

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Welcome - and beautiful deck!
    38'x16' Fiberglass pool - 3.5' - 8' deep - 19,000 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWG (RC-52 cell), Pentair SuperFlo VS, Pentair SD70 Sand Filter, Coverstar Automatic Cover, 10' board, PAL Treo lighting, Polaris 9550 Sport robot, Lamotte ColorQ Pro 7 test kit.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by GaryT58 View Post
    Welcome - and beautiful deck!
    Thanks! It's going to be a pain to stain it this summer, that's for sure

8. Back To Top    #8

This is so gorgeous. I'd love to see it now that it's open.

Florida Intex 16x48 Prism Frame Above Ground, intex 635t filter pump, installed 6/30/17, not well water. Taylor K-2006 test kit