Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New plaster dust- or lack of

1. Back To Top    #1

New plaster dust- or lack of

I had all new plaster done on Thursday morning (NPT Quartz Midnight Blue) I am brushing twice a day and all looks good but there is not alot of dust and the water is crystal clear. Water is very well balanced (ORP 660-740 manually dosing liquid chlorine since Saturday evening/ and PH steady at 7.4 thanks to my intellichem) All my equipment is all new. Is barely any dust a good thing?
    25000 gallon Sylvan Freeform with attached Spa PENTAIR Intelliflo VS 3HP FNS Plus DE Filter 48sqf Intellichem with PH and Chlorine tanks, Easy Touch 8, screenlogic2, Master Temp 400k LP gas. New NPT Quartz Midnight Blue plaster and NPT LaMancha tile.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New plaster dust- or lack of

pb,

I suspect your plaster guy added a chemical that keeps the dust at bay.

When I had a pool re-plastered, and then again when my current pool was installed, they added something like "Chem-Tek" or similar named product...

I had almost zero plaster dust both times..

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.