aquacheck salt test strips

teppy

Nov 11, 2007
Louisiana
i bought a bottle of aquacheck test strips from a pool store before i got some in from duraleigh because i just could not wait. i figure i will use them all. no big deal.

the scale on the back of the bottle where you read your salt level after you test is different. for example, the test strip will peak at 5 lets say. the salt level on the number 5 on one bottle will read a salt level of 3500, while the other bottle will tell me that 5 is 3770. the strips from both bottle are identical before and after dipping them in the water. why do the bottles read differntly?

i did read on the instructions that each bottle of aquacheck is unique with regards to the scale on the back where you read your levels.

i did salt testing with both bottles and got different results. they are both good and not expired. but, both test strips came out exactly the same as far as where the white peak is. i could understand the different number readings on the back of the bottles if the test strips from each bottle peaked at different numbers, but they peak exactly the same. its just the back of the bottles that show different results.

Each batch of strips are calibrated when they are made and that's how they come up with the label. Maybe one of your bottles has been contaminated with excessive moisture. It the numbers you posted were actual numbers and not just an example, that's less than a 10% difference. For a pool, you're target is a range, so the strips are accurate enough.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.