Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from Central FL. Yet another pool owner in Mickey's back yard!

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from Central FL. Yet another pool owner in Mickey's back yard!

Hi everyone. I've been lurking for a few weeks reading some of the threads in the shadows and decided that this pool maintenance thing seems like a fun, if not mandatory, hobby in Florida.

In any case, I just stepped into a new pool via homeownership and am starting to get the hang of things, except for the potential leak I may have also purchased. My background is in (dry) engineering, which means on the plus side, I'm an avid DIY'er and have a handle on most things around the house, but on the downside, mean's I don't trust anyone to touch my house unless I'm looking over their shoulder reviewing the shop drawings. This is all done via the formal engineering drawing process right...? (kidding)

Either way, I'm looking forward to improving my set up little by little and already appreciate the help I've gotten from the existing threads. Thanks everyone!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from Central FL. Yet another pool owner in Mickey's back yard!

Welcome out of lurkdom, Frenchie

Sounds like you'll be a great pool owner! Congrats on the new house and pool.

Yip
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard