Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AQL-SS-RF Goldline Wireless Spa Side Remote replacement?

1. Back To Top    #1

AQL-SS-RF Goldline Wireless Spa Side Remote replacement?

I have this remote. It's crazy expensive. The seals for the screws broke when I had to open it to replace the batteries. Anyone know what seals I can replace them with? They are tiny and brittle, I can't be the only one this has happened to.

I'm also wondering why these remotes are so expensive? Can a RF universal remote control work for this?
    I have an Aqua Logic Pro board that has a setting for different remote frequencies. One would guess it should work with any RF remote that can be programmed, no?

I'm asking because this remote is limited in its functions. I can't control all the options my pool has with it. Just the main functions.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: AQL-SS-RF Goldline Wireless Spa Side Remote replacement?

I'm sorry that there doesn't seem to be too many members familiar with your situation.

Hoping this friendly bump gets your thread some more attention.

Thanks for posting.

Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: AQL-SS-RF Goldline Wireless Spa Side Remote replacement?

This is what came with my pool's automation system that was completed last year.

https://www.amazon.com/Hayward-AQL2-...=aqua+pod+aql2

It's $399.00 on Amazon, but worked really well and controls everything with my pool - Cleaner, Deck Jets, Spa, Heater, Spa Blower, water to Slide (when I eventually get it installed). It is waterproof too, but I haven't tested that theory yet. I also looked into the wireless apps for a smartphone, but needed some additional module that I haven't yet procured. It works with an RF attenna that you may or may not already have installed on you aqualogic system.
    36,000 Gallon Inground (IG) Gunite Pool with Spa and 12" tanning ledge | White Plaster | Cartridge Filter | Hayward Single Speed Pump (x2) | 400k BTU Hayward Heater | Hayward ProLogic Automation | Taylor K2006 Test Kit | In-pool Cleaner | August / September 2016 Build Date | Build Thread