Cracked eyeball threads

sonoma

May 3, 2010
I have a fiberglass pool with a cracked return fitting. The threads are cracked. i repaired with JB Weld last year but crack got a little bit wider. Has anyone ever heard of or used FITTING SAVER by Anderson Manufacturing at leaktools.com?

Attachments

• IMG_0143.JPG
    IMG_0143.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0145.JPG
    IMG_0145.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 64
Thanks Patrick and Chemnut. I went to a few local pool stores. One is a repair business and one installs fiberglass pools. They both recommend cutting concrete and replace the fitting which I know is the correct fix. Neither heard of the FITTING SAVER. The third pool store, which I saved for last because I trust them more, actually had a catalog from Anderson. He said to try it and let him know how it worked out.

BTW I don't go to pool stores for anything else.

The Fitting Saver "Frankenplug" worked. It sealed the cracked return fitting. Fairly easy to install. White eyeball trim ring looks similar to my other returns. Will it last, only time will tell. I think it will. There are You Tube videos from the vendor showing how to install.

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 21
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.