Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward H400fdn Heater will not respond to Omnilogic requests

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward H400fdn Heater will not respond to Omnilogic requests

I am hoping some heater experts can help me out here..

My H400fdn Hayward Heater will not turn on with the Omnilogic remote. This heater is less than 3 years old and was installed with my pool by certified professionals. If I take the heater out of bypass mode I can run it manually without issues. I am using the 2 wire remote from the OmniLogic control to the heater wiring block. I am getting voltage from the omnilogic to the wiring block and the same voltage from the wiring block to the heater control board plug (E1). I saw 0.2mv when running on, negative millivolts when turned off. And I think I saw a jump to 25v or something on the voltmeter when omnilogic went to switch the heater from off to on, I don't remember at this point. But it seems to be at least getting the signal to the controller board.) Could this be an issue with the controller board on the heater? Not sure what the proper voltage should be to the heater. Maybe it's something with the Omnilogic controller? But everything else seems to work fine through the Omnilogic setup.

Any help on next steps would be appreciated.

Thank you,
    CF
    My equipment: ~20,000 gal free form in ground pool with mini pebble finish and 3 vertical decents. Hayward Omnilogic controller. Hayward Goldline T Cell 15, Hayward Swim Clear cartridge filter 520sq ft, Hayward H-series 400,000 BTU heater, Hayward Navigator pool cleaner, 3 Color Logic LED lights. Pic Vid

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward H400fdn Heater will not respond to Omnilogic requests

Don't want to point out the obvious, but are you sure the heater is still enabled in the OmniLogic configuration menu?

36,000 Gallon Inground (IG) Gunite Pool with Spa and 12" tanning ledge | White Plaster | Cartridge Filter | Hayward Single Speed Pump (x2) | 400k BTU Hayward Heater | Hayward ProLogic Automation | Taylor K2006 Test Kit | In-pool Cleaner | August / September 2016 Build Date | Build Thread

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Esloser View Post
    Don't want to point out the obvious, but are you sure the heater is still enabled in the OmniLogic configuration menu?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not sure what you mean by "enabled". In the config it has the heater tied to the correct relay. Same as for the pool.
    My equipment: ~20,000 gal free form in ground pool with mini pebble finish and 3 vertical decents. Hayward Omnilogic controller. Hayward Goldline T Cell 15, Hayward Swim Clear cartridge filter 520sq ft, Hayward H-series 400,000 BTU heater, Hayward Navigator pool cleaner, 3 Color Logic LED lights. Pic Vid

4. Back To Top    #4

Does the front of your heater say, "bO"?

36,000 Gallon Inground (IG) Gunite Pool with Spa and 12" tanning ledge | White Plaster | Cartridge Filter | Hayward Single Speed Pump (x2) | 400k BTU Hayward Heater | Hayward ProLogic Automation | Taylor K2006 Test Kit | In-pool Cleaner | August / September 2016 Build Date | Build Thread

5. Back To Top    #5

Here's the instructions for setting up the heater to work off the Hayward thermostat and controller.

6. Back To Top    #6

Oh - after rereading saw you took it out if bypass mode and it worked.

7. Back To Top    #7

It does say bo...if I take it out of bo mode I can start the heater from the heaters control panel.

8. Back To Top    #8

Hmmm - unfortunately, that's all I have. Did you unplug it and plug it back in? Haha that seems to fix a majority of my electronic problems.

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

Here is the manual for the FD heater. Page 31 talks about connecting it to the remote wiring. Also, check to make sure the wire between the heater and the controller is good. Check it for continuity.

https://www.parts4heating.com/v/vspf...niHSLowNOx.pdf
    Paul
    Gastek Pool & Gas Services If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. Gastek Google review,
    Check out some videos on my YouTube channel - Gastekservices on YouTube

10. Back To Top    #10

Did you find a solution to this problem? I am having the same issue.
    DIY husband and wife team Hambels Get Real The Story of two crazy diy, their second story addition and beyond Building an IG pool and Spa. Aquabright, swim up bar, large reef shelf, ground level composite deck, K1100 levlor, Hayward equipment Ecostar, 400k H-series, DE filter, Tristar feature pump, Hayward lighted bubblers, Colorligic 320's 160's and 80's all controlled with OmniLogic.