SWG not producing chlorine?

Jan 4, 2017
matawan NJ
Hi, my newly built pool (nov) was closed with no chemicals or running of the equipment. The pool co opened my pool on monday and started everything up, shocked etc. but didn't turn on the SWG. On thurs i brought a sample to the co and they gave me a few chemicals and was told to super chlorinate 24 hrs and then set SWG to 65% for another 24hrs after that. I tested everything today and i got normal readings except, NO CHLORINE was in the pool water. I figured i was doing something wrong so i brought a sample to my nearest leslie's pool store where they tested the water. Everything is normal, EXCEPT, there is 0 chlorine in the water. So my SWG is not producing chlorine.(?) They also said while the reading of PPM was 3600 on the aqua plus, they were getting a reading of 3200.

They said that the aqua plus has a SWG recalibration procedure, and i should do that along with adding 4 lbs of chlorbrite chlorine. First, does the aqua plus have a recalibration to get the ppm reading to what their calibrated tester says? And is there something i should do to get the SWG to produce chlorine besides what they told me to add?

Thank you everyone!!!

V,

I'm puzzled why you don't have the pool company come out and figure out what the problem is.. If the pool is just now being used for the first time, it seems to me this is on them...

Jim R.

The aquaplus cannot be calibrated. Your reading is close enough. What does diagnostics show for volts, amps, salinity and water temperature?

Push menu until you get to diagnostics then press the right arrow.

Jim, i am going to call them tomorrow, but also want to try to learn from you guys what the situation/problem is. I kinda trust you guys more than the company building it. I feel like big companies just want to throw "add these 8 chemicals for $200 and see if that helps." :) PLUS, they are about 45 min away, so going to my local leslie's to test and add $15 in chlorbrite was a good start.

James, volts=+26.57v, +5.75A, 60*F, 3400PPM now after adding the 4lbs about 30 min ago.

Edited like 4 times cause i am a dumbass. I hope no one saw what i actually wrote before lmao

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.