Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: MX-8 Help

1. Back To Top    #1

Question MX-8 Help

I need help for the optimal setting for each of the pictured valves. Last year, my valves were set according to the picture for filtering and I ran my pump at 2000 RPM.
    Attachment 59703

For cleaning, I had to close the main drain and increase my pump to 3250 RPM so that my MX-8 had the optimal flow.

I was hoping to be able to reduce the RPM setting on my pump for cleaning and filtering and have one setting for my valves. My questions are:

• Can the MX-8 run on a low RPM setting
    • Does the main drain need to be opened for cleaning and filtering

Thanks
    16K gal, IG, plaster, Hayward TriStar VS Pump, Jandy CL580 Cartridge Filter, Raypak 266 Heater, Pentair WhisperFlo single speed Water Feature pump, Stenner Liquid Chlorine pump, Zodiac MX-8 Suction Side Cleaner, Automatic Pool Cover, TF100 Test Kit w/Speed Stir

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: MX-8 Help

Sorry you haven't yet received a reply to your questions.

Here is a friendly bump to try to get this thread some attention.

Thanks for posting.

Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!