Turned on SWG today and getting errors

Jul 7, 2013
So the water temp is 63 so i decided to turn on the SWG. I have the aquatrol with T cell. Salt level taken with tftest kit is 3400. Diagnostics from awuatrol are as follows

Salt 1300
Temp 63
Voltage 31
CC 0
Output 30%
ISAL 0

Thanks for any help

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You should get an instant salinity reading as soon as you hear the click of the unit turning on. As soon as you hear the click, go to instant salinity and watch that number until it stabilizes. Then, move the switch from auto to superchlorinate and back to auto.

I dont hear the initial click but moved it to superchlorinate than back to auto and get this. The bottom 2 lights are now blinking
938805e7d7bf3a9832daf4d6102803e9.jpg

Ok, it looks like your salinity is about 2600. You should get it up to about 3200.

I would turn off the SWG, add salt and then turn the SWG back on when the salt is thoroughly mixed in.

Note: What you're listing as "CC" is actually amps.

Just realizes the amps part. Sorry about that

So should i ignore the salt test with the tf kit? I added 17 drops before it went brick red so i figured i was at 3400. Ill pick up salt whule at work in the morning and report back in a couple of days

Thanks james!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Salinity is never exact. Your actual salinity might be about 1/2 way between both readings.

If the cell is old, it might be beginning to wear out. If the cell is wearing out, it will underperform and the system will underestimate the actual salinity.

You can make the cell work longer, but you have to keep increasing the salinity. Eventually, it will be best to replace the cell.

I would use the cell until it reads 1000 ppm lower salinity than actual.

Check the cell for scale and acid wash if necessary (but only if needed).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.