Gunite Problem- What's the solution? Please help!!!

A jackhammer and reshooting that section after the plumbing has been moved.

Honestly if it were me, I would leave them as is. With surface matched drain covers they will hardly be visible and tearing into your pool shell can create a whole new set of issues if not done correctly.

Another option, since it looks like the stub on the left is centered, is to cancel the right stub and use one of these instead:

Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately we are having an all glass tile pool so the appearance of the pool floor is very important to us. I will look into your drain idea. Anyone else have any suggestions/thoughts? Appreciatively, AJB

A jackhammer and reshooting that section after the plumbing has been moved.

Honestly if it were me, I would leave them as is. With surface matched drain covers they will hardly be visible and tearing into your pool shell can create a whole new set of issues if not done correctly.

Another option, since it looks like the stub on the left is centered, is to cancel the right stub and use one of these instead:

Sorry for the problems - this doesn't help the situation any, but it drive me nuts the incompetence of the PB and their project managers to look out for things like that. I had my company move drains in the spa and pool and they still look a little wonky - but they were going to leave them.

I'll have to search for a pool build thread from you, if you have one. If not I hope you'll share more with us, that will be an incredible pool of all glass tile - would love to see it progress (and the solution you come up with for the drain.)

How about getting rid of all the drains? Many pools on the east coast don't have them, I think is is one of those we do it because it has always been done that way kind of things. If you do that they may have need to add is an equalizer port which may pose a challenge at this point but I bet they can come up with a solution.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Our PB says that this was intentional since we have a raised pool, we will not see any drains until we get very close to the pool... This is legit but I still may have opted for the 2 centered drains and would have preferred at the very least having the options mentioned prior to the gunite.

I would be happy to post pictures but after spending a lot of time figuring it out, I still struggle with uploading pictures to TFP. I think I am at my picture upload limit and when I share a flickr link, all of my personal pictures are accessible, sorry.

I like Brian's idea, the dummy, or leave it. No one will care but you, and I promise it won't be that bad. I'd rather it be centered too, but I sincerely think it won't bother you with a little time. I wouldn't want to risk breaking up the shell if it were me. Maybe it wouldn't be that bad, but that would always be a worry in my mind. I hate having a nagging doubt that will sour the whole experience, and cutting the shell would put that in place for me. It can be done, but it will be no small task done right.

Thank you, we will leave the drains in the current positions. There is some logic to not being able to any of the drains when in the main area of the backyard so I'm going to live with that. I appreciate yours and everyone's thoughts/help. Thanks,

I like Brian's idea, the dummy, or leave it. No one will care but you, and I promise it won't be that bad. I'd rather it be centered too, but I sincerely think it won't bother you with a little time. I wouldn't want to risk breaking up the shell if it were me. Maybe it wouldn't be that bad, but that would always be a worry in my mind. I hate having a nagging doubt that will sour the whole experience, and cutting the shell would put that in place for me. It can be done, but it will be no small task done right.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.