Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Testing pH, seems to rise after test tube sits a while, normal?

1. Back To Top    #1

Testing pH, seems to rise after test tube sits a while, normal?

I always test pH first, I will leave it sit go on to test FC, then rince both tubes.....I always notice that the pH has risen say to 7.8 after initial test of 7.6 within just a couple of minutes....is this normal?
    Valley of the Sun, Arizona.....10k gunite/pebble (Re-surface March 2015) w/in floor Caretaker 99 cleaning heads -- Pentair FNS 60 DE filter -- Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed for pool -- Pentair Wisperflo 1 HP for boulder waterfall...Taylor K-2006 & Taylor K-2006C kits

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Testing pH, seems to rise after test tube sits a while, normal?

yes it is normal. When you do the test, consider the immediate result as what the pH is.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Testing pH, seems to rise after test tube sits a while, normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Divin Dave View Post
    yes it is normal. When you do the test, consider the immediate result as what the pH is.
    sounds good, thanks
    Valley of the Sun, Arizona.....10k gunite/pebble (Re-surface March 2015) w/in floor Caretaker 99 cleaning heads -- Pentair FNS 60 DE filter -- Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed for pool -- Pentair Wisperflo 1 HP for boulder waterfall...Taylor K-2006 & Taylor K-2006C kits