Hiding Pool Equipment Need Suggestions

May 28, 2015
PA
Hi,

We are having our pool constructed now and have just gotten the equipment in -- pump, heater, fountain valves and soon propane tanks. It's a bigger footprint than expected, what do most folks do for camouflage while still allowing access? Fencing, landscaping, both? We are not fans of the white PVC fencing/lattice work, anyone have other suggestions on things that work well?

Thanks!

Pool build in progress -- 415sq feet, 3 - 6'6 ft, grecian design, bluestone coping, tile/plaster TBD, leaning toward blue tile/gray plaster.

I did mine out of fens boards I don't have a photo of it taken apart but the 2 sections drop onto hooks, between vertical posts that are cemented in the ground. For everyday access I just lift one panel out, if I am cleaning the filter i take the lattice work lid off and lift both panels out. Some day I may do something with hinges but for now this works each panel is around 30 to 35 LB. There is an intentional gap around the bottom for air flow.

IMG_1389.JPG

I did mine out of fens boards I don't have a photo of it taken apart but the 2 sections drop onto hooks, between vertical posts that are cemented in the ground. For everyday access I just lift one panel out, if I am cleaning the filter i take the lattice work lid off and lift both panels out. Some day I may do something with hinges but for now this works each panel is around 30 to 35 LB. There is an intentional gap around the bottom for air flow.

View attachment 59689

Not sure I get it when you describe how the two sections dropping on hooks. Would you mind adding additional pictures? I love the look!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We sanded and stained some board fencing.

28192514365_50fc10a050_c.jpg

28158403756_a12c945e5c_c.jpg

28158402466_10c9556948_c.jpg

28088643642_dfbd15f718_c.jpg

pad.jpg here is a photo of the panels removed the bottom 2 boards around the enclosure are attached to the vertical posts it gives the structure some rigidity. It is hard to see but if you look at the top of the posts near the wall and the top frame of the panels you will see triangle shaped boards, one drops onto the other making a hook of sorts. The other strictly aesthetic thing I did was rip the length of all the fence boards at a 5 degree angle pointing in a downward direction when viewed from the outside of the enclosure. That way when the boards shrink the gaps will not be as noticeable

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pics are in my build thread in sig, but it is just simple posts and horizontal cedar fence pickets. Play your cards right with post settings exactly 6 feet apart and you don't have to cut anything. I was all in for about $200 6ft by 12ft but a third of that was the wood stain. Just make sure you leave a lot of room to work on the equipment and for storage.

View attachment 59797 here is a photo of the panels removed the bottom 2 boards around the enclosure are attached to the vertical posts it gives the structure some rigidity. It is hard to see bur if you look at the top of the posts near the wall and the top frame of the panels you will see triangle shaped boards, one drops onto the other making a hook of sorts. The other strictly aesthetic thing I did was rip the length of all the fence boards at a 5 degree angle pointing in a downward direction when viewed from the outside of the enclosure. That way when the boards shrink the gaps will not be as noticeable

Awesome! Thanks for posting! I get it now. That's a great design that I may very well copy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

great ideas, ive been looking for something to cover it aswell, my equipment is against the house and it gets sunlight all day long, I had actually thought of building a small lean-to shed (3sides only)... but something like this would be more affordable... there is a member on here that built a wall also made out of bamboo fence and it looked real good...

here is the bamboo wall fence...

https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/91506-Hide-your-pool-equipment

If I recall correctly the cost of materials was around $150 boards, lattice, stain, sand paper fence post concrete etc. It took 2 and half days to build because I belt sanded one side of the rough sawn boards but the sanding made all the difference it went from looking like fence boards to something more like furniture. If I had a planer I could have cut more than a day off the project. One other thing I forgot to mention was the boards were supper wet when I got them I dried them in full sun for over a month before building and I swear they lost more than 1/2 their weight. I think it paid off though I have not seen any shrinkage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.