Water so blue, but not clear

cfclay

Apr 24, 2010
Lexington,Ky
I've been slamming since Tuesday, and I vacuumed before I started.

On Friday I had some help looking at the top of the intex skimmer while I vacuumed, so that I can stay focused on covering every inch, and they can tell me when I'm on a "hot spot".-Apparently there was still some debris, a lot of it, in many spots.

How can the water be so blue, but I still can't see the bottom? What's in the water?

Yesterday day it was cloudy, rainy, maybe high of 65, and I slammed every 3 hours and I'm losing about only 2-3 ppm.

TA- 90
PH- 7.2
FC- 16 shock level
CC- 0
CYA- 40

438e6583374007fbaffc572dd0abb643.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comparing this thread to your other one Intex SWG startup, confused on adding CYA, it simply looks like your new water is battling some organics and on the verge of breaking through. Of course in your other thread you were focused on getting the CYA right for your pool. Now the cloudiness indicates something is brewing. The SLAM is the correct remedy, however a SLAM can take several days, to a week or more. So much depends on the amount of algae that was (or still is) blooming, FC consistency, and pool maintenance. Everything about your test result above looks spot-on, so now it continuing with that process and being patient. I don't recall from your other thread if your sand filter is new. If it is, great. If you've had it for a while, you should consider a good deep cleaning of the sand. With consistency and following all of the principles on the SLAM page, the water will transition from cloudy to clear. Algae simply cannot live in properly sanitized water. Hang in there. And remember, if you have anything in that pool (light, ladder, etc) clean them thoroughly. Don't leave anything to chance.

If you are actively SLAMing, you also will be seeing dead algae cloud up your water. Until that gets filtered out it will remain cloudy.

How's your filter working??

Yip :flower:

It's good, runs at full capacity, sand added in 2016. I did a very thorough back washing and cleaning after vacuuming the bottom of the pool… There was probably some very small Riverbirch leaves in there

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I can see the bottom of my pool. It just looks like it needs vacuumed. Was to cold yesterday and probably won't have a lot of time today. I have been backwash often. Gage don't work so go on feel. But yes almost a success story. After this weekend it will be right where I want it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I can see the bottom of my pool. It just looks like it needs vacuumed. Was to cold yesterday and probably won't have a lot of time today. I have been backwash often. Gage don't work so go on feel. But yes almost a success story. After this weekend it will be right where I want it.

How many days for you?

9a73e67719c50a6809fac7bdd1e1e957.jpg

This water has been this color for a solid week. It has only lost 1.5 ppm of
Chlorine in the last 12 hours. I can't do this much longer, I think half the volume in here is bleach. Seriously though… I have bought at least 25 gallons in the last 10 days, One week ago I vacuumed to waste all of the organic matter on the bottom I could find. I'm brushing the walls, brushing the bottom, nothing clouds up.

I think a person looking at the pool from a distance would think the pool is clean- but what gives?

The chemistry has been the same for a week, but now ph is 7.5.

I installed a Hayward skimmer last weekend, and one thing that caught my attention was that within 24 hours there was an oily film in the skimmer.

I've back washed regularly,rinsed well.

What's next?

e3433ab31eba50d15f98ff7986f9cbbb.jpg

You can do it. It is starting to level out. I have been slamming since March 13 and still don't have the results I want. But finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. This week I have vacuumed every day. Just do what you can. If you can't test clorine but every other day it won't be the end of the world. Keep brushing and vacuuming.

I have gone through like 40 gallons of bleach this whole time. Water is quite hard.

You got this. Take pictures daily.

I've earned my merit badge in slamming I think. See 2016 picture attached. Black to clear in seven days. Something is up with 2017 season- I just got in the pool and brushed to see if there was any debris. Nothing, not a single cloud of green anywhere.
9ae5738b071c737ea07bb1b7b8a41425.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.