Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 9450

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 9450

Just pulled the trigger on a Polaris 9450 last week for my pool. Does anyone have any suggestions for cord tangling? I have left it out on the deck as straight as I can get it....which isn't very straight. And I cant seem to get the loops out no matter what I try.

Any other secrets/suggestions from other 9450 owners?

TIA
    Thanks,
    Kevin

IG Tile/Concrete Pool - 12,000 gal or so, Targus Sand Filter, Pentair single speed pump
    IG Tile/Concrete Spa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris 9450

Big,

I don't have your specific robot, but the only thing that works for me is to leave it on the deck for an afternoon in the sun.. I will often pull the cable tight and put a brick on the free end to hold it.

Sounds like the cable took a set while in the shipping box.. The same thing can happen when the cable is tightly wrapped around the caddie handles.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Polaris 9450

So far, the Polaris 9450 has met expectations. Seems to work well, no issues with it.....no mechanical issues and hasn't gotten stuck. I wasnt sure if it would climb my steps, but it has done it with ease, which is a nice bonus (I heard it MAYBE would climb steps, so this is a nice bonus as I expected it would not). Not sure how much it hits all the sides in one cleaning...seems to be just random. The cord is the only thing I am not happy with....I can't seem to get it to stay untangled. As soon as I let go, it twists back up.
    Thanks,
    Kevin

IG Tile/Concrete Pool - 12,000 gal or so, Targus Sand Filter, Pentair single speed pump
    IG Tile/Concrete Spa