Help with Waterline Tile and Pebble Tec! Newbie!

mamasmith

Bronze Supporter
Apr 21, 2017
Canton, GA
Hi All!

I have become addicted to this forum and really enjoy seeing everyone's pools! I am learning so much - but must admit I am a bit overwhelmed!

Looking for advice on our next steps. I am struggling with picking out waterline tile that blends in to the coping or is a contrast. I am also wanting advice on pebble tec. We lives on acreage in the woods, so I want to be able to see the bottom of the pool in case there are creatures, but I also want the pool to have a deep blue color.

Thanks so much!!

Here are some pics:
1c21ea1c886163f243fa827609cf61ea.jpg
28a4fabfc8de4fdc43a3ab3be9eaaa4f.jpg
c38e1368a3154f6b2da94582da203184.jpg
27651a7c0eb4fc25df9cd450927872ff.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome to TFP!

Others will weigh in, but you have to narrow it down, and maybe decide after seeing plenty of pics here. Sounds like you're aleeady leaning toward a lighter finish, so stick with those. Eliminate the ones you dont one by one, and you're off! Good luck, and enjoy the forum.

I don't think I worded my question very well. I apologize. I am wondering if others used waterline tile that blended in with their coping or did they use a contrasting tile? What do y'all think looks better? Any recommendations would be great!!

We have black Pebblesheen and seeing the bottom is no issue at all. That is a myth. I didn't have any trouble at all spotting the last water moccasin that got in our pool. :shock: We have blue waterline tiles. There are lots of pics in my pool thread, link in sig.

We have black Pebblesheen and seeing the bottom is no issue at all. That is a myth. I didn't have any trouble at all spotting the last water moccasin that got in our pool. :shock: We have blue waterline tiles. There are lots of pics in my pool thread, link in sig.

Thanks Pooldv! Going to stalk your thread now! [emoji6]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So lets spend some money! Do you want BLING in the plaster? If so get the glass beads..........oh so pretty! I say go for a rich blue. Darker rather than lighter. You will be able to see everything in the pool. There was a black plaster pool a little while back and you could see everything on the bottom with no problem.

I love the blue smurf surf!

Kim:kim:

Hey Kim! We just finished building our home. It's a rustic farmhouse on acreage. I think the pool should "match" the house right? So a rustic look ... unfortunately I think that means no bling. [emoji22] I love seeing the glass tiles on others pools - it is so beautiful!

I was thinking of going midnight blue but adding a lot of sparkle to get my "bling fix". What do you think? Now - waterline tile. Blend with flagstone coping, go a subtle blue and brown slate look or dark blue and brown?? Help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had a similar design challenge for our pool, set on a working farm in a rural area. The house is an old farmhouse (circa 1810). We did opt for pebbletec with glass beads, and glass waterline tile in a color called "ice", which is as neutral as glass could be. It is very pale green iridescent glass but when installed just reflects the surrounding colors (pool water and coping). While it sparkles, the overall effect is very subtle. FWIW, we initially had installed slate waterline tile and replaced it because it looked really blah on our pool.

Also, are you planning to install colored LED lights? If so, the colors show up better on light and medium colored pools.

Attachments

• tile3.jpg
    tile3.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 824
  • tile1.jpg
    tile1.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 814
  • IMG_2833.jpg
    IMG_2833.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 800
  • IMG_2839.jpg
    IMG_2839.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 800
I went with waterline that blended with the deck and was similar to the coping. I would really prefer contrasting if I had to do it again.

We had a similar design challenge for our pool, set on a working farm in a rural area. The house is an old farmhouse (circa 1810). We did opt for pebbletec with glass beads, and glass waterline tile in a color called "ice", which is as neutral as glass could be. It is very pale green iridescent glass but when installed just reflects the surrounding colors (pool water and coping). While it sparkles, the overall effect is very subtle. FWIW, we initially had installed slate waterline tile and replaced it because it looked really blah on our pool.

Also, are you planning to install colored LED lights? If so, the colors show up better on light and medium colored pools.

Wow!! The pool and the setting are stunning!! Thanks for the waterline tile advice - I'm going to take a look at Ice.

We are not doing colored lights - just plain LED.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We went neutral and smooth. Our PB told us the tiles with texture are harder to keep clean and asked us if we wanted to draw attention to the tile or the pool water. We also went with Caribbean blue Pebble tec. May be lighter than your looking for but it was exactly what we wanted.

View attachment 59831

Beautiful Lucas!!! I love that Caribbean Blue! I'm going to look at that again! Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.