Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Besides CYA do the other tests need to be room temp?

1. Back To Top    #1

Besides CYA do the other tests need to be room temp?

I warmed up my test sample from 54 degrees to room temp. It took an hour for CYA. Can I test FC, Alkalinity and PH with a 54 degree sample or should I warm that up also to room temp, but that takes an hour and I read that the reading could change
    Gallons: 5000 Gallons
    Pool: 15' Saltwater 5000
    Filter: Pentair 1 HP Optiflow Pump w/ Clean & Clear 75Sq Ft Cartridge Filter
    SWG: Intex CS8110

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Besides CYA do the other tests need to be room temp?

All of the other tests do not need to be warmed up.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Besides CYA do the other tests need to be room temp?

Just measure the sample, add reagent and cap the bottle. Then cup the sample bottle in the palm of your hand and shake it for 30 seconds. The small size of the sample combined with the heat from your hand can easily have it up to temp in the time it takes to mix it.
    AGP 24' x 54" approx 14000 gal Full sun all day, Hayward 1.5 HP and EC50 D.E. filter
    Stenner 45MPHP10 10 gal/day fixed rate with intermatic ET1125C timer
    Dolphin E10 robotic cleaner, 330 gallon Tiger River Spa, Taylor K-2006C test kit