Start SLAM now or wait for filter?

gerg

Jul 18, 2016
Philly Suburbs
Just opened the pool today to find a nice swamp under the cover :D. Unfortunately I ordered the wrong filter grid (DE filter) over the winter, so I have to wait until Wednesday for the right one to arrive. Is it worth starting my SLAM tomorrow, vacuuming the crud on the bottom to waste and then running the pump on recirculate? Or should I just until Wednesday when I can get the filter set up?

Is it worth starting my SLAM tomorrow, vacuuming the crud on the bottom to waste and then running the pump on recirculate?
I would say to start the process. You definitely can sweep and stir things up and vacuum to waste to bulk stuff. Running on recirculate shouldn't hurt anything. As for chemicals, you could adjust pH to 7.2, validate CYA, and begin to increase FC to the SLAM level. Of course you won't be able to filter-out any dead stuff yet, but it will help you get a leg-up on things for when the grid(s) arrive. Also make sure you have enough reagents in the FAS-DPD portion of your K-2006 to last for the SLAM. Best of luck.

We can't use our filter right now for various reasons so we have 2 immersible pumps circulating the water with bleach until we can get the filter hooked up. Maybe that might work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.