Need new heater, opinions on models

scojoy

Apr 22, 2017
PA
Hey all, Pool owner for 20 year, but got a heater 5 years ago and cannot go without. Had a Pentair minimax 100, worked great for 5 years heating our 24 round pool nicely. Need to get another one now and want to stay near the 100-150 BTU range. Looking for any opinions on the top 3, Harward, Raypak, and Pentair. I like the looks of the Hayward 150 lo nox (natural gas), but I hear things about difficulty servicing them and support from Hayward. I also see bad things about pentair also. Just looking for educated opinions before I drop $1500. I run a salt water chlorinator if that helps also. thanks all very much.

Scott

I'm looking at the Raypak 106a 100k but, but I really like the looks of the Hayward H150FDN, both in natural gas. I want good manufacturer support and something a service man will be available for. Both get good reviews, and the price is comparable. Still can't decide.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.