Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New label, or just wrong bleach??

1. Back To Top    #1

New label, or just wrong bleach??

So my wife picked me up some bleach today at the store. Not sure if this is the right kind to use. Normally the bleach I have bought is 8.25%, and the label doesn't have so much writing on it. This bleach is only 6%, and has much more writing on the label. It does say regular though. She said this was all they had. Has Clorox weakend their regular bleach.

14x28 Kidney IG vinyl pool, 9250 gallons. Pentair 1.5hp superflo variable speed, Pentair Clean and Clear 240 Cartridge filter, Pentair IC40 SWCG, Hayward Heatpro 110,000k heat pump, Pentair Intellibrite 5G LED lights, Polaris 280, Taylor K-2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New label, or just wrong bleach??

That's weird. Since the industry went to 8.25%---that's generally been designated by the "concentrated" label. I use Walmart Great Value and it's still 8.25%. Got a date code in small black print on that bottle?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

I hope they haven't gone back to weaker concentrations. I guess I'll find out when I go to BJs club this week to pick some up for spring opening (planned for next weekend).
    20k IG vinyl liner/Aqua Rite SWCG, T-15 cell/Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter/Polaris 280 w/booster pump/Hayward Superpump 1 hp/city water/Taylor test kits/pool installed March 2004

4. Back To Top    #4

...and a gallon is now 121oz. May be a sign of things to come. Avg homeowner won't know the difference of a little extra water. Shoot, washing machines haven't been able to clean clothes for years now.
    Chris | 16' x 34' 16,000 gallon | IG Vinyl | Pentair Tagelus sand filter | Jandy 2hp epump | AquaPro PRO1300 heat pump | Coverstar auto cover | Taylor K-2006 | built August, 2016.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    That's weird. Since the industry went to 8.25%---that's generally been designated by the "concentrated" label. I use Walmart Great Value and it's still 8.25%. Got a date code in small black print on that bottle?
    I looked for the date right away. Code is not legible.
    14x28 Kidney IG vinyl pool, 9250 gallons. Pentair 1.5hp superflo variable speed, Pentair Clean and Clear 240 Cartridge filter, Pentair IC40 SWCG, Hayward Heatpro 110,000k heat pump, Pentair Intellibrite 5G LED lights, Polaris 280, Taylor K-2006 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

I noticed that in Target the last time I went so I left it on the shelf and went across to Aldi's... that was the only brand/place I noticed 6%

Christina
    ~14,000gal 14x30 IG vinyl, Hayward DE4820 filter (everything else is too old to read lol), TF100 Test Kit, TFPC method
    POOL SCHOOL, ABC'S of WATER CHEMISTRY, POOL MATH, SUPPORT TFP!!, TEST KIT!

7. Back To Top    #7

Walmart has 10% in the pool section for 3 bucks a gallon
    20 X 40 inground liner pool,1.5 hp Hayward pump, omnilogic automated panel, Hayward T15 SWG, 2 Skimmers and 3 returns, 35,000 gallons, Built it all myself.

8. Back To Top    #8

Just curious but can ask your wife where she bought that bleach, RMclain73?
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

9. Back To Top    #9

Wegmans. Grocery chain in the Northeast. I have bought my bleach there in the past, and it has always 8.25%. Of course a different label on the bottle as well. I assume this bleach is safe for use. I'll just use more of it.

10. Back To Top    #10

OH yeah, its perfectly safe to use. It is just weaker so you have to use a skosh more to get the same result.

Yip
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

11. Back To Top    #11

What made me mad about it at Target was it was like $3.99 when I can go across the street and pay $2.64 for 8.25% ... hmmmm

Christina
    ~14,000gal 14x30 IG vinyl, Hayward DE4820 filter (everything else is too old to read lol), TF100 Test Kit, TFPC method
    POOL SCHOOL, ABC'S of WATER CHEMISTRY, POOL MATH, SUPPORT TFP!!, TEST KIT!