EasyTouch 8 / Intelliflo VS not working

Jun 27, 2015
Katy
Hello TFP!

I need your help. We've had our pool for over a year, and have had few issues with the controls!

Currently, we're experiencing a couple issues :

1.) The filter pump light will turn on, as scheduled (or even manually)- but the intelliflow motor will not. The intelliflow motor needs to be manually turned on and set to speed 1, 2 or 3 in order for the pool to run.

2.) Unrelated to the above, the remote continues to show a sync issue - and is continuing to ask us to download or upload.

We have no idea how to resolve. Please help! Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0610.jpg
    IMG_0610.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0611.jpg
    IMG_0611.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0612.jpg
    IMG_0612.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0613.jpg
    IMG_0613.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 51
Taken From POOLCLOWNS post. Give this a try.

It sounds like your controller lost the wireless address.

Try this:
At the outdoor control
1.press menu
2.press down button, scroll to settings.
3.Press right button to select.
4.Press up button, scroll to "Wireless Address"
5.Press right button to select.
"Address Wireless scanning" will display, Then "Sending Address" will display.
6.Now repeat steps 1-5 with the handheld wireless controller, "Address Found" will display
7.Press menu button on control panel 3 times to return to main screen.

New,

1. With the Serial cable from the ET to the pump is attached, does the pump display read something like "Display Not Active"?

2. Push the reset button on the ET's main panel and see if anything happens.

3. Go into the menu and select "Settings" then "Intelliflo" then "Pump #1"

4. Make sure the pump type is correct

5. What is the pump speed displayed?

6. What is the Status displayed?

Thanks,

Jim R

- - - Updated - - -

New,

1. With the Serial cable from the ET to the pump is attached, does the pump display read something like "Display Not Active"?

2. Push the reset button on the ET's main panel and see if anything happens.

3. Go into the menu and select "Settings" then "Intelliflo" then "Pump #1"

4. Make sure the pump type is correct

5. What is the pump speed displayed?

6. What is the Status displayed?

Thanks,

Jim R

Setting / Pump 1 and 2 say NONE for pump type

The actual pump says 0 RPM ... has the correct time ... and says Running Schedule

I just went in an added VS as pump type and now the motor shows the Display Not Active message.

So it appears now, I need to understand how to program the pump settings. I have a 1-8 option for Pump #1, and need to know how many I should program and at what RPM. Also, same appears to go for Priming. There is nothing under priming either, and it needs to know time and speed.

I'll certainly try to google this, but really do appreciate your help. I briefly set pump 1 (1/8) to 1000 RPM's and the pump did auto turn on, but quickly shut off.

New,

The speeds you set up are based upon your needs... but I can try to point you in the right direction..

When you are in the speeds menu you can see the 1/8 with the 1 flashing.. Below that it should say the circuit such as "Pool". Meaning that your pump will run at 1,200 RPM when in the pool mode, if told to run by the schedule or if you manually push the pump filter button.

When you push the up button you will move to 2/8 with the 2 flashing.. you need to set a speed for next circuit such as "Spa".

You would do this for as many of the 1/8 to 8/8 options that you want to use.

Sounds to me like you lost all your programming??? Not sure why that would be???

It might be easier to contact the tech who originally programmed your system, but if interested we could give it a try...

How many speeds did you have before and what were they used for..

I would have to assume...

1. At least one speed for your pool for circulation
2. Another one for the pool for increased skimming action
3. At least one for the Spa.
4. Water feature speed unless they are all on the single speed "feature pump"
5. ?????

Look in the menu under "schedules" and see if your schedules are gone also?

I know you have Pentair remotes, but do you also have ScreenLogic2? ScreenLogic allows you to program and view your ET setting using you PC, tablet or phone, and makes programming much easier.

Thanks,

Jim R.

rhp,

I have never found any of Pentair's manuals to be an enjoyable reading... :cool:

Most of the time you stumble around and finally figure out how to do something and then go back to the manual and say.. "That is what they meant".... sigh!!!

I suspect their manuals are written by engineers that already knows how it works, so the manuals make sense to them. The hard part is having a manual make sense to the user without an automation or pool background.

One of the reasons I like ScreenLogic so much is it gives you a programming view that ties a number of items together on the same page, where the manual discuses them as separate items.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.