Test results - first time!!

Aug 15, 2016
Houston, TX
Hi! I finally ditched the pool guy! I've been testing on and off since January to get used to it but this is the first time I am in 100% control. My pool guy has been slacking his last couple weeks and I noticed that while my water is completely clear, it has a slight green tint. Nothing too shocking, but I can tell a difference. So I need a little help determining exactly what to add. Here are my results from this morning:

FC - 2.5
CC - 1
PH - 7.8
TA - 80
CH - 325
CYA - 50

Thanks!

I concur. Lower pH with acid. Make a lap with the brush to get things mixed and expose any algae. Then take FC up to 20 and recheck it every few hours and keep it up at 20. Filter running the whole time. It'll clear up quick. Just follow the directions in the link in the post above and you'll be fine. Just remember brush brush brush. The pool may actually look worse after brushing, which is good, because it means you got the stuff off the walls and out into circulation where the filter can get it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.