Educate me, please. Disposable sand filter?

Buggsw

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 22, 2007
Arizona
DD & SIL purchased a 20 year old home with a pool and spa that I am guessing is about the same age as the home.

Pool has a Triton sand filter. SIL decided he wanted to change the sand in it. He called the business that serviced the pool equipment for the former owner to find out information about it. They told him, you don't change the sand in that filter. It is a disposable sand filter. You just replace the entire filter every 8 to 10 years. They pulled up the records and told him the filter was installed about 7 years ago.

Does that sound right? I didn't know there was such a sand filter that you couldn't change the sand. I googled a bit and couldn't find anything regarding a disposable sand filter. To me, on the outside, it looks identical to every picture I've found of even the newest Triton II filters.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT A DEALER WOULD BE SO SLEAZY AS TO PULL SOMETHING LIKE THAT!
They just want to sell a new filter!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.