Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replace pool light bulb?

1. Back To Top    #1

Replace pool light bulb?

Hi the light went out in my spa and I would like to change the bulb (see attached image). I've never done this before but it looks like 3 screws hold it in. I plan to take out the screws and pull out the light and think it should be obvious what to do next. Is there anything I need to know before doing this repair? Thanks!
    20' x 40' in-ground gunite pool with 6' x 8' connected spa. Aquamatic hydramatic automatic pool cover, 2- Pentair IntelliFlo pumps (filter, jets), Pentair Filter, Pentair MasterTemp 400 propane heater, Pentair IntelliChlor Chlorine generator, Air Supply spa blower, Jandy Aqualink RS controller, Aqualink RS pad, Spalink RS pad.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replace pool light bulb?

Most likely held in by one screw at the top. Hinged with a flange on the bottom. Remove the fixture and bring to surface. Open fixture -- change bulb -- replace gasket with new gasket. reinstall.

Watch several videos on Youtube on changing Bulbs -- Inyo pools has good ones. Call Inyo Pools or SunPlay they can sell you the correct bulb and gasket.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall