Newbe with a few questions

Jun 9, 2009
Huntsville, AL
Hi,
I'm new to the forum and pools and have a few questions :wave: .
I have been lurking and reading the pool school for a couple of weeks in anticipation of the new 16x24 AG pool with 16" sand filter going in next week.
I would like to know if anyone has any dos/don't for me as I will be filling and testing sometime next week with the TF-100 test kit I have just received.
1. How much of what chemicals should I go ahead and purchase for start up?
2. Anything special I should do as I fill the pool for the first time?

I'm sure I will have lots of questions for you guys once I get started, so please be patient with all the questions I will have :hammer:

YBnormal...have a pool

Thanks for the responses, what a great place for a newbe like me. I will crack open that test kit and give it a shot.
Will post the results of the fill water today :party: I feel so much better knowing I have knowledgable folks to help me through this :cheers:

YBnormal...have a pool

YB,

No real need to do the chlorine test or Calcium test. If it's city water you may have a little chlorine but not enough to affect your pool and Calcium is not a requirement for a vinyl pool (but it's conceivable you have too much)

That said, it's a good idea to perform all the tests for practice.......I would say the CYA is an exception since you know it will be zero there's really no value (pun intended :shock: ) in the test.

I would suggest to do them all except the CYA and post them up for comment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.