Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool deck resurfacing in Austin. TX

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool deck resurfacing in Austin. TX

Hi everyone.
    We bought a home in 2010 specifically because we fell in love with the heated, salt-water pool. No regrets! The previous owner installed it in 2005. Now being 12 years old, this seems to be the year when we need to resurface the pool deck. We currently have some type of cool deck / Sundek, KoolCote surface. it's held up pretty well over the years. My question for you is, what is your favorite pool deck surfacing that is reasonably long lasting (10 years) and a reasonable price ($4-6/ft) for a suburban neighborhood? Leaning toward KoolCote, any pros or cons before I sign the deal?

Thanks in advance.
    Denise
    8C2103E8-B67F-4E8A-835A-3E42786B1F93.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool deck resurfacing in Austin. TX

Don't have much to add but hello neighbor, Koolcote is what my deck is sprayed with and I can already tell a huge difference between the temp of my coping compared to the deck, deck is much cooler.
    31x22 FF IG, 16k gallon , 3.5-5.5-4.5, Hayward 425 cartridge, Tristar variable speed, Aqua Rite AQ15 SWG, HPC 4 wireless controller, LED, Texas Grey pebble finish, Taylor K 2006 and 1766,speedstir ,New build in central Texas....

3. Back To Top    #3

I lied sorry just remembered we have SprayDeck, so I was correct in saying I have nothing helpful to add
    31x22 FF IG, 16k gallon , 3.5-5.5-4.5, Hayward 425 cartridge, Tristar variable speed, Aqua Rite AQ15 SWG, HPC 4 wireless controller, LED, Texas Grey pebble finish, Taylor K 2006 and 1766,speedstir ,New build in central Texas....

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi, Neighbor! I got a few bids and ended up going with the most expensive bid, Texas Premier Coat, for a limestone treatment. I'm not at all sorry. It wound up being $500 more than the KoolDeck treatment. They did an amazing job, it took about a week due to rain and square footage. Now I have to figure out how to get all the sand out of the pool. I would highly recommend them to anyone in the area. I'm good for one big project a year, and that was it.
    IMG_4907.jpg
    Central Texas. 16x32' heated, gunite saltwater pool with 8' spa, built in 2006. 16,600 gallons. Jandy equipment. Sunstone pearl finish in blue pearl. Brand spanking new pool deck in 2017.

5. Back To Top    #5

IMG_4925_resized.jpg

Here it is, finished earlier today. We can put the furniture back on Tuesday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Central Texas. 16x32' heated, gunite saltwater pool with 8' spa, built in 2006. 16,600 gallons. Jandy equipment. Sunstone pearl finish in blue pearl. Brand spanking new pool deck in 2017.

6. Back To Top    #6

Wow great choice, congrats on the the new deck. My inlaws just had the same design installed on their deck and I Love it, unfortunately my deck is only 4 months old but when it needs to be redone I know my design

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by deverelle View Post
    Now I have to figure out how to get all the sand out of the pool.
    Cough...robot...cough...robot.

Looks great!
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

8. Back To Top    #8

Looks great!
    Pflugerville (Austin) Texas - 14,000 in ground plaster/pebble using cartridge (CV460) filtration system. Currently testing with a Taylor K-2006c test kit - Using Liquid Chlorine - No SPA or SWG. Pool was build in 2013