Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Plaster color for new pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Plaster color for new pool

We are in the midst of our new pool build and at the point of picking waterline tile and plaster color. We plan on a bluestone coping and are leaning toward Pearl Matrix Smokey Grey. Has anyone used this and have any guidance on the pool color? Our PB has advised that it will produce a light water color, not very blue. We've looked at the WetEdge website and the color appears medium blue. We were thinking the gray color would coordinate with the coping and the grey EP Henry pavers we have in the backyard already.

Any advice much appreciated!

Pool: 415 sq foot grecian style, SWG, 3 - 6'6 feet, gunnite

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Plaster color for new pool

It will be VERY similar to my pool which you can see pictures of from the link in my signature (not the picture below). We also have bluestone coping. IMO people get too hung up on the differences of water color between subtle shades of gray for example.

I'm not crazy about our waterline tile. I just think it blends in to much. If it ever gets redone it will be either more brown or more blue. My favorite pool tile is Siren shown below...

NPOS-654-Noble Tile Supply-Siren.jpg
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Plaster color for new pool

Thanks so much for the response -- checked out your beautiful pool pics, the grey plaster resulted in a very pretty blue, that sets my mind at ease