waterbear's pool pics

G

Here are some pics of my fiberglass pool and built in acrylic spillover spa. I have a Goldline PS-8 automation system and SWG that controls all the pumps, filters, lighting, and water features. (I love the floating spa remote!) My lighting is sAM and sAL halogen color changing lights in the pool and a Pentair metal halide illumimator for the two Fiberstars fiber optics spillover pots. I also have two deck jets in the deep end that I can turn on and off with the remotes. My filter pump is an uprated 1.5 hp Pentair Whisperflo going into a 150 sq. ft. Pentair Clean and Clear 150 cartridge filter. My water features are on a separate pump (Pentair 1 hp Pinnacle) that also runs my Zodiac Mars HP pressure side cleaner. (I do not have a booster pump for the cleaner but because the way my system was plumbed I do not need one). My heater is an AquaCal Icebreaker 120 reverse cycle that not only can heat the pool but can also cool it during the heat of summer. It also brings my spa up to temperature in about 15 minutes. The pool and deck is enclosed by a screen room that is connected to the roof of the house so my second story balcony off the living room, kitchen, and master bedroom is also enclosed.

DSCF0057-1.jpg

DSCF0053-1.jpg

DSCF0055-1.jpg

DSCF0054.jpg

Here are some pics from my build

DSCF0026.jpg

DSCF0020.jpg

DSCF0037.jpg

DSCF0044.jpg

Considering what the finished product looks like the build was pretty scary! :shock:

SeanB said:
What a great look. Nice clean water too. ;)

I love the look of your deck. What material is that?

Ultracrete by Colorwheel. It's a stamped concrete with an acyrlic finish. The color I have is called sandstone. I really like it. It's not slippery at all when wet and to clean it I just hose it off or pressure wash it. It was also WAY less expensive than some of the other deck optons like pavers and tile.

Wow, Evan, that's really nice. very comfortable looking.

I have examined the finished photos carefully hoping to see signs of some algae that we could bust you for.....no luck...it's pristine!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

pooladdict said:
Pretty nice set up Waterbear, curious they backfilled before adding water, I was led to believe they did this in unison so as to not add unnecesary pressure on the pool.

Rik
They had it half full. I think the shape of the pool was a factor. They also did not have to brace it because the shape is very stable. That is one of the reasons the PB recommened it.

duraleigh said:
Wow, Evan, that's really nice. very comfortable looking.

I have examined the finished photos carefully hoping to see signs of some algae that we could bust you for.....no luck...it's pristine!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dave,
I'll tell you my secret. I test my water with a TF100 testkit! :wink:

waterbear said:
pooladdict said:
Pretty nice set up Waterbear, curious they backfilled before adding water, I was led to believe they did this in unison so as to not add unnecesary pressure on the pool.

Rik
They had it half full. I think the shape of the pool was a factor. They also did not have to brace it because the shape is very stable. That is one of the reasons the PB recommened it.

I love the look, i wish i had a cooler- i pour ice in my pool to keep it below 90!!!!!!!!

thats intresting, how did they pump out all the sand at the bottom of the pool once it was filled.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
waterbear said:
Michael Silvester said:
P.S I think i saw a speck of dust
at the bottom of the pool :lol:
Question for your autoresponder series, Michael. What is the best way to get a speck of dust off the bottom of the pool? :poke: :-D

Waterbear,

Thats an easy one!

I dont need to answer that one in my
email newsletter. I will just answer that
one for your right here.

Step 1: Empty the pool
Step 2: Pick-up the speck with a dustpan and brush
Step 3: Fill and balance the pool

There ya go mate :wink: :lol:

Took me a while to be able to see it. Can't see most photo hosts from work, and have dial-up at home. I like it. Looks like a private spot even though you have neighbors nearby. From the light level, I'd never have guessed it was screened except for the shadows of the frame visible in one of the pictures. Being able to screen the deck and pool all in one would be really nice.

Waterbear,

How well does your Icebreaker cool your pool?

Is that basically like running an air conditioner in theory and money?

My heater is yet to be installed, and my pool is reallly warm, so I might would consider something different. Well, water is running through my heater, but not gas as of yet...(no rush, either)

thanks,
Steve

Basically it's a reverse cycle heat pump, just like they use to cool and heat a house. The main reason I got it is to use the spa in very cold weather since it will work and de ice the coils when the ambient temp is below 50 degress. I haven't used it that much for cooling the pool because I actually like my pool warm. I usually keep it about 86-88 degrees in the cooler weather but the few times I did use it to cool the pool it worked well!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.