Granular Bleach??

May 13, 2016
Walla Walla, WA
I am curious if such a thing exists as a granular pure sodium hypochlorite as opposed to liquid. I am interested in buying more bulk quantities for simplicity and storage. Everything I see is in tablets that also contain CYA and other chemicals. Am I searching for sasquatch? Thanks everyone!

- - - Updated - - -

Secondly, has anyone had success with bulk liquid bleach? Is it worth the hassle?

Unfortunately, you're going to need your camera that only takes blurry photos and your flannel shirt - solid chlorine is only available bound to CYA, Calcium, or Lithium (the most expensive option of them all). Chemically, you apparently can't get solid chlorine without an unwanted binder.

Even liquid chlorine is bound to salt. The nice thing is that you can build up a ton more salt in your pool with no ill effects compared to calcium or CYA.

Oh, two Blues...not an easy one to earn from Dave, but it was a great line. :mrgreen:

Bulk liquid Chlorine is spotty, and it all depends where you are, no rhyme or reason. Its all over Florida in pool Stores. They sell it by the loads in North Carolina some places. Some in Houston and Austin Pool stores. It's hard to find some places easy in others. Midwest farm stores sell high % small bulk. Try finding it in Pool Stores for small bulk (5 gallons) locally. If not, try to see if there are any industrial/institutional suppliers local who will sell it to you.

Aside from that, most of our members stack up a little fresh 8.25%-10% from wally world for ease, and only choice available. Sorry not to have better news. :-(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.