Please Help With Colored Led :(

JeffH

Jun 19, 2009
Hi guys, a new member here.

I have a swimming pool being built early next week and for the lighting I had originally chosen a single 240W Halogen Hayward lamp. Last week while browsing the internet, I came across a neat idea, colored LED that gives the pool a nice ambiance. So I called my dealer, and they accepted to install the LED for an extra fee. The LED is the ColorLogic from Hayward.

But 2 problem arose.

1. In Canada we are still at ColorLogic LED version 2.5 (we don't have 4.0 approved up here yet). Is 4.0 really better than 2.5? Can I replace the 2.5 with the 4.0 later down the road?

2. Since the LED is less bright than my 240W halogen light, I decided to place 2 in my pool, but I don't know at which positions to put them to have an optimal lighting in both deep and shallow. Please take a look at the pool and suggest 2 places where I can install the 2 ColorLogic LEDS

piscine.png

I was thinking A and F or G and B..or probably some better configuration I have missed.

Thanks for any help you guys provide me.

LEDs are not so bright at all. It's better to have too many than too few. When our PB priced our new pool he had intended to install 3 LED lights, he said according to the specs, each light should cover certain footage, but I think the specs often over estimate the coverage, anyway when the PB was drilling the holes for the lights(our pool is fiberglass), he had drilled an extra hole by mistake, so in order to balance the look, we ended up getting 5 LED lights in total. The result is just fine, not too bright at all, so we are so glad that he drilled the wrong hole.

Don't fail to recognize that the darker the pool surface, the less color light will be reflected. If you have "white" walls, you will see much more color. As to the version difference, I'd consider that the original Colorlogic has had some problems with leaking into the control parts over time. Not a major problem, but I'd find a source for the latest version.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.