Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Skimmer Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Skimmer Question

I have two skimmers in my below ground pool and one of them has less flow than the other. They are both tied together in a common line to the pump. Is there a way to regulate the flow in each skimmer? Thanks
    32,000 gallon inground plaster pool/spa combo spillover. Aqua Rite Pro with Sense and Dispense. Jandy iAquaLink Control. Polaris 280 vac. Sheer Descent, Fiber optic deck jet water feature. Vanishing wall. Whisperflo pumps, Pentair clean and clear cartridge filters.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Pool Skimmer Question

Some skimmer pots have a little door that can be adjusted over the hole in the bottom. Mine looks like a tear drop and rotates to cover the hole.
    Bob - INTEX 12x24 owner (not setup yet), 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

3. Back To Top    #3

Looking down in my skimmer there are two holes. I can only feel suction on one of the holes. Not sure why it has two holes. I do not see any way to adjust the opening. There is a hole in the pool wall about two feet below the skimmer. Could that be where the second pipe goes?
    32,000 gallon inground plaster pool/spa combo spillover. Aqua Rite Pro with Sense and Dispense. Jandy iAquaLink Control. Polaris 280 vac. Sheer Descent, Fiber optic deck jet water feature. Vanishing wall. Whisperflo pumps, Pentair clean and clear cartridge filters.

4. Back To Top    #4

After further examination I see where the slide plate should be but my slide plates are missing. I will order new slide plates. Thanks for the help.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

There are some skimmers that have two connections like yours. What you should have is a special disc on the bottom of the skimmer basket. There a number of reasons for this arrangement but the one I see the most is, it's there so that if the skimmer basket fills completely full, it could starve the pump for water. The second path from the pool, allows the pump to still get water.
    Bob - INTEX 12x24 owner (not setup yet), 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir