Anyone had luck with a Pentair 5G LED and a WS13A switch?

EBD

Mar 26, 2017
Gilbert
I just bought and installed an X10 WS13A switch because my old one was not compatible and I was advised that this one is supposed to work with LED lights. No matter how many times I turn it off and on, it won't switch colors. It goes back to blue and it just switches on its own to green then red then blue. I turned it off and on and it goes back to blue then green, red and blue again. It seems to be stuck in one program :(.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Afraid this will be hard for a lot of us to answer as well. Did the seller offer any support with this? Seems they should know. If not, I can only suggest Pentair, or perhaps INYO pools for support. Sorry, I know it isnt much to offer for quick help.

Intellibrite Controller. Are these things flaky?

I got the Intellibrite controller installed and I am having nothing but problems with it. This is extremely frustrating as the reason I bought the controller after fiddling with the incompatibility of the x-W13As I had (which was supposed to be LED compatible) was to avoid these same issues. I bit the bullet and bought the controller. I have been reading on these and it seems people experienced way to many issues with these controllers. Is this a quality issue? I am experiencing exactly the same problem described on the links I have been finding.

According to people, the controller was defective and the new one worked perfectly. I have been finding complaints such as this, the more and more I look. I get to switch the colors but the colors are not what I selected. I can't get the single colors to come on. It just do the shows. When I change the program, I see the light goes off for a second and comes back on but it is not what I selected. If I try to lock in a color, it won't do it unless I turn off the controller and turn on back again. I summary, this thing is doing its own thing! Had anyone have similar experiences? These things are not cheap but seem they are very flaky

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.