Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Concrete Dive block / Dive platform And Ideas

1. Back To Top    #1

Concrete Dive block / Dive platform And Ideas

Hello, has any one installed a concrete dive block / platform, we are still under construction and I am looking for some Ideas for the Dive platform, we will have a cantilevered edge, (concrete) I am looking to the dive platform to be concrete, has anyone done this or do you do it after the deck is in and have a mason / landscaper build it with block and vener tile. Any pic or ideas are appreciated.

Thank you

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Concrete Dive block / Dive platform And Ideas

I have a diving rock. Unofficial because my pool does not meet diving standards. I have a waterfall and had the crew building the waterfall create a good rock to dive from. It even has a step.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

While I can not directly answer your question, as I installed diving board, I would just caution to make sure you have sufficient depth for diving before installing. Here is a link for the ANSI specs on that. Greandkids LOVE diving.
    38'x16' Fiberglass pool - 3.5' - 8' deep - 19,000 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWG (RC-52 cell), Pentair SuperFlo VS, Pentair SD70 Sand Filter, Coverstar Automatic Cover, 10' board, PAL Treo lighting, Polaris 9550 Sport robot, Lamotte ColorQ Pro 7 test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

Check with your insurance company first. You do not want any surprises after it is done!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    Check with your insurance company first. You do not want any surprises after it is done!
    Very good advice. I checked with ours before build, and the pool and diving board were no issue, did not raise rates at all. But have seen others speak of their existing companies threaten to cancel policy unless they removed diving board.
    38'x16' Fiberglass pool - 3.5' - 8' deep - 19,000 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWG (RC-52 cell), Pentair SuperFlo VS, Pentair SD70 Sand Filter, Coverstar Automatic Cover, 10' board, PAL Treo lighting, Polaris 9550 Sport robot, Lamotte ColorQ Pro 7 test kit.

6. Back To Top    #6

Here are a couple ideas for you. This is the company that's doing my patio/hardscape. We're doing a regular diving board, but here are some non-traditional diving board/block ideas:

Inground vinyl 23'x40' Aspen shape, ~27K gallons, Sta-Rite Intellipro 2 VST Pump, Sta-Rite System:3 Mod DE Filter (60 sq ft), Hybrid In-Floor System (Paramount Valve with Caretaker Heads), AquaComfort Heat Pump, 3x Savi Melody Sol 28W LED Lights, Pentair IC60 SWCG, EasyTouch Automation with ScreenLogic, TF-100 test kit.

7. Back To Top    #7

I'm planning to build a small waterfall box with a stone or concrete top that the kids can jump off. My pool is not deep enough for diving and the waterfall box is not specifically designed for jumping off (like the pictures above). But I'm sure it will be used for this purpose on certain occassions.

Something like this...

18'x36' vinyl - 24k gal - Intelliflo 3hp VSP - Pentair C&C 420 cartridge filter - IC40 Salt - EasyTouch 8 - ScreenLogic - Raypak 406btu NG heater - Intellibrite 5G ligths - 4 deck jets - sheer descent - X-Stream Slide 2 - TF100 kit - opened spring 2017

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Have you considered using a granite stair. They are readily available in your area and could just be set in place. you could also get it cut down to whatever size you wanted.
    25k 20x40 Gunite w/ integrated Spa & Caribbean Blue Plaster, Curved Bluestone Coping, Deck Jets
    Pentair Easy Touch/Wireless, Sta-Rite Intellipro SRVS Pump, Intellibrite Lights, & Pentair IC40 Cell, Sta-Rite 450sf Cartridge filter
    Heated from Central Boiler - Outdoor Wood Furnace & Triangle Tube Max Heat Exchanger
    ColorQ Pro
    TF-100